Media and Communications Unit
The main goal of the unit is to build a positive relationship with different kinds of media such as press, audio-visual, and electronic media, on the bases of mutual respect and communicating, respecting the rights of freedom in speech and independence as well as accessing the information according to the rules, Referring to the letter of designation taking all necessary steps to insure freedom of speech allowing professional act in expressing media which helps in national development.
The unit also function’s protocol and Public Relations
Functions and duties of the Unit
- Preparing and planning as well as managing media campaigns, writing and distributing press releases with fact sheets and background information that summaries news about the operational plans of the Ministry and its achievements, in order to reach the public.
- Organize and arrange events such as conferences and forums
- Following and up- dating the minister and the ministry with all published media that may interest them, and dealing with it, as well as clarifying the facts and respond to any inaccurate information, this also includes dealing with press inquiries and arranging interviews and briefings for journalists,
- Tracking information published in local and international magazines and newspapers and preparing daily press that include economic articles and news related to the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation.
- Preparing analysis of media releases related to the ministry.
- Updating the website by adding news, pictures, and various activities of the Ministry.
- Development and up- date the database of the journalists and media professionals whom are related to the ministry and its work
- Building and develop electronic and manual archive of the news which is related to the ministry (press, audio, and visual)
- Provide support before and during seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings, and field visits
- Providing necessary facilities upon official delegations arrival and ensuring traveling visas and hotel reservation
Click here ( Size 292.34 KB ، Type JPG ) to View or Download the Unit Structure
| +962-6-4644466 ext. 604
|| Mr. Issam Al-Majali